GameStop, a global retailer of multichannel video games, pop culture collectibles, consumer electronics and wireless services began utilizing AFS Intel, a powerful enterprise analytics tool, to support their e-commerce and retail operations. With over 7,200 stores in 14 countries across Europe, Canada, Australia and the United States, GameStop’s increasingly complex supply chain had outgrown their logistics capabilities. AFS Intel is continuously supporting GameStop’s global fulfillment strategy and is managing costs down to the individual sku level, which led to a transportation savings of over $1 million in the first 2 years.
• Required greater visibility on controlling costs, preventing overruns and protecting against rate increases, both foreseen and unforeseen
• Ensuring their margins remain stable, allowing them to compete in what is steadily becoming a more and more competitive market
• Needed an integrated analytics tools to maintain ordering and shipping standardization across their supply chain
• AFS Intel integrates seamlessly into GameStop’s current technology platforms to provide individualized services down to sku level detail on individual items.
• By also integrating with their Enterprise Resource Planning, AFS Intel is able to map back to freight costs separating items by skus, GL coding and optimized box sizes.
• AFS is able to offer experienced-based advice on rate optimization and mitigating rate increases.
• AFS conducts service and rate audits and offers detailed, weekly reporting that provides item-level visibility on shipping costs, including accessorial charges and any fluctuations in rates or variances that may affect the bottom line negatively.
• AFS Intel has the reporting capabilities and infrastructure GameStop needs; investing in a well-established tool was more economical than creating their own system.
To learn how AFS can optimize your supply chain and reduce logistics costs, call 877-242-3383.